So Lockdown has extended again and we don’t know when life would come back to its normal routine. Homestay and Lockdown are unpleasant realities of our lives. But at the same time, it is very important to use this time wisely instead of just passing it away.Time is one thing that once spent, can never be earned back, and something that cannot be earned back is not spent; it is rather invested.Tips to become a better version of yourselfSo here I have listed 8 tips to improve yourself in this extended lockdown
- Learn a new skill: Students can take this time to learn a new set of skills which will prepare them for not only the future career but will also help you to improve their current academic performance. You don’t always have to be physically present in an educational institution to learn something. Thanks to the internet, you can now also take up courses from the comfort of your home. Students can choose to learn to code, to SEO/Google Analytics, personal finance planning, effective communication skills, creative writing, a new language, and much more.
The different platforms which you can use to upgrade your skills are Udemy, Coursera, Edx, Skillshare, etc
- Be an Artist: Get some coloring books and colors. It’s a good way to open up the artistic side of yourself, and it is fun. Express your thoughts and fantasies with paint and brush. Believe me, drawing and painting is the most soothing way of helping your brain evacuate all the junk and refresh for all new learning and there are some scientific studies that show drawing and painting also help in improving your concentration level.
- Pick up a hobby: It’s an excellent way to stay stress-free and also to pass one’s free time. A hobby can take you away from boredom at the same time it will help you to indulge yourself in developing new skills. Thanks to technology today, a lot can be learned from within the comforts of our homes. Learn how to play a musical instrument, learn to write, brush up your photography skills, you could take up a craft. Google it and start working on it. learn to design and edit videos/photos, or you may even learn to bake.
- Learn to cook: It is a lifesaving skill guys. The most significant hurdle any student faces when migrating is meeting their dietary needs because the majority of us don’t know how to cook. Taking this time to learn how to cook will save you some future expenditure, keep you healthy and even make you less homesick and can be a lifesaver in times like today if you are stuck without help.
- Read a book:- A good book can transform you so don’t wait! There are many good books you can find online. Read about something you find exciting. Change the genre of books you usually read. I’ll recommend you to read the autobiography of famous and inspirational personalities, like those of Barack Obama, APJ Abdul Kalam, and Jawaharlal Nehru. etc
- Study ahead: It would be very beneficial for students to get in touch with either their professors or seniors in college/ school to get an idea about the topics that are going to be covered and what books to refer to. Schools and colleges are also taking online lectures on different digital platforms. Attend those lectures very sincerely and take all the notes properly. Getting a start ahead on your studies will not only help you in keeping up with your curriculum but will also free up some time for you to make some new friends or do some extracurricular activities.
- Make realistic goals, think about your future plans: Yes, this is the most important and helpful thing to remove the boredom. Ask yourself about what your goal is and what exactly you are doing to achieve them. One has to identify the most important tasks to achieve that goal and focus on them. Write down the tasks you have to complete and make a full-proof plan for your career advancement and reaching your goal.
- Meditate and physical exercise: Meditation is the biggest stress reliever given the fact that we people have to deal with a lot of stress daily in our life. Our brain is mostly like a pressure cooker and it needs rest so that the body can rejuvenate and heal itself for oncoming activities.
Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life. A minimum of 30 minutes a day can allow you to enjoy these benefits
- it improves your overall health
- manage your weight better
- have stronger bones, muscles and joints
- feel better – with more energy,
- a better mood,
- feel more relaxed and sleep better.
Use these tips to get the most out of this lockdown period. Hope we’ll get rid of this crisis soon. Brain-o-Script is always their to help, motivate and empower students. All the best Stay Safe, Stay Home
Vladimirqkk · 04/04/2021 at 9:30 PM
Where is administration?
It is important.
abc xyz · 08/04/2021 at 5:31 PM
How can I help you?